Home Stays comes from the idea to give a visitor or student the typical local experience, complete with living with a host family, tasting local cuisine and visiting areas of interest. To put it simply, a home stay combines the comforts of a home setting, with bedrooms in a host family home, with the personal hospitality and sharing of knowledge of the local culture by the host family.
Home stays have also emerged as a popular option which offers younger guests experience of eating home-cooked food, living in the host family home, observing and participating in their life styles and shopping with a local family.
This form of tourism has become more popular in recent years as younger travelers want to experience the cultural varieties and differences from their homeland. Young travelers are looking for a unique experience, just watch the TV shows such as Xtreme Trecker.
Gone are the days of going only to Europe, this was the experiences of the majority of Baby Boomers, when they were looking for an adventure. Student exchange programs promote tolerance, maturity and independence. They also encourage an international perspective. In a very competitive world these are highly sought after qualities.
Student exchange programs are an investment for life. The experience can be beneficial in many different and valuable ways such as:
• Learning another language and opening career doors that students may not know existed
• Get to know how others live and come to see the world from another perspective
• Test themselves to acquire independence and maturity
• Make new friends and appreciate old ones
• Gain experience
• Learn about the world first hand
Long after the student returns home the exchange experience will influence and influence the students’ life. The Home Stay experience will provide the students with a substantial backdrop from which to make future study and career that much more important.
This exchange experience will set them apart from the crowd and mark them as someone who has proven themselves in challenging circumstances. Experience is everything, employers are increasingly alert to the knowledge gained from the Home Stay. This experience will set them apart from the crowd and mark them as very mature.
Students are eligible to participate on an exchange program if they meet the following requirements:
• still at school when applying
• in good physical and mental health
• have maintained the equivalent or better than a C grade average since Year 9
• are mature and open-minded
• are flexible, adaptable, responsible and ready to learn
• are between 15 and 18 years old (exceptions can be made for 14 and 19 year olds)
Now you have learned another way to make money from your personal home that will allow you to purchase a home of your choice and make money while living in your “dream home”.Business Tip 6: You’re never too old, successful, or important to learn. Avoid stagnation - take an art class! Click To Tweet